How to get involved
We want to involve the whole community in the project.
Take part in a session as an individual or family:
Unfortunately the 2023 phase of the Rainbow project is aimed at groups not individual or families. Visit our What's On page to see what's running with other projects at the moment and Join Our Mailing List to hear about new activities.
FREE Craft Activity Packs for Groups in West Durham Area: Our packs are full of creative activities and are currently available to groups and organisations in the West of Durham City Area.
A SPACE can get involved by:
- putting up posters & handing out flyers
- decorating their window or public area
- providing a collection & return point for the envelopes & greetings cards
- allowing a group to adopt their window to decorate it
Spaces might include shops, pubs, doctor's surgeries or village halls - for example the village shop.
There are number of ways to volunteer to support Rainbow Voices:
- Rainbow Makers: Help put our packs together. Come join us in person at Pittington Village Hall, or help from the comfort of your own home.
- Rainbow Posties: Help to deliver packs across the local community.
- Rainbow Champions: Help promote Rainbow Voices & spread the word.