How to get involved
We want to involve the whole community in the project.
You can take part in Rainbow Voices as an individual household (or enquire on behalf of someone else's household), or as part of a group or organisation, such as a club, society, venue, church, club, shop, surgery, chemist, post office or business.
For more information about how you could get involved, please sign up by clicking on the button below. You can use the form as an individual or group (or both), and it only takes 5 minutes to complete.
Anyone can take part in Rainbow Voices, from anywhere in the UK. All of our packs can be purchased and posted to you, and all of our online sessions are free to join (although donations are welcome).
People who live in our funded areas can enjoy our activity packs and craft envelopes for free. If you live in our funded areas, there are a number of ways for you to get involved:
As an individual household
Each household in our funded area of Zone 2 is invited to use the contents of one of our FREE Rainbow Craft Envelopes to fill your windows with colour and help 'bring back the rainbow'. You'll also be able to send messages of hope with the Greetings Card in the envelope.
All pupils of West Rainton, Pittington or Sherburn Primary have been sent an envelope via their school. Everyone else will be able to collect an envelope from a local collection point.
Our Collection Points can be found at:
West Rainton: St. Mary's Church | Julie's Deli | Storehouse Pharmacy | Downey's Fish & Chip Shop | Homer Hill Farm
Pittington: Pittington Village Shop (Jubilee House)
Sherburn Village: Shergill's Newsagent
Sherburn Hill: Taylor's News
As a Group
A GROUP can get involved by:
- distributing envelopes to their members
- adopting a window to decorate
- volunteering to help to deliver to vulnerable people in our community
Groups might include a school, club, society, church or charity - for example the local Brownies or WI.
As a Space
A SPACE can get involved by:
- putting up posters & handing out flyers
- decorating their window or public area
- providing a collection & return point for the envelopes & greetings cards
- allowing a group to adopt their window to decorate it
Spaces might include shops, pubs, doctor's surgeries or village halls - for example the village shop.
As a Volunteer
There are number of ways to volunteer to support Rainbow Voices:
- Rainbow Makers: Those who would like to help put our packs together, or help create samples of our craft activities to be used in displays across the local area. Come join us in person at Pittington Village Hall, or help from the comfort of your own home.
- Rainbow Posties: Those who would like to help deliver packs across the local community, along with delivering returned items such as greetings to members of the local community.
- Rainbow Champions: Those who can help promote Rainbow Voices & spread the word of our project
Complete this form, and we will email you all the details of how to get involved.